Sunday 12 May 2013

Recent tatting

I said I had done some tatting and here it is...


At the top is some Etruscan braid from a Mlle Riego book - it's also in a Mary Konior book where she gives the directions for the corner.  This is going to be the edging for a tray cloth for Victorian/Edwardian re-enactment.  It's in size 16 Puppets Eldorado thread.

In the middle is more Etruscan braid, this time in size 40 Anchor mercer. This is the piece I was tatting in public over last weekend (a bank holiday weekend) during the Victorian Weekend at Lincoln Castle.  This will probably become trimming for the cuffs of my next Edwardian-style blouse.

At the bottom is Curds and Whey from one of Mary Konior's books, again in size 40 Anchor mercer.  After the first few repeats I switched to front-side/back-side tatting and that is making it lie much flatter than the first portion.

No comments:

Post a Comment