Friday 10 May 2013

quiet month for blogging

This blog has been rather quiet this month...

I have done some tatting.  I took part in the Victorian Weekend at Lincoln Castle this bank holiday weekend just past. I don't have any pictures myself but I have managed to find this picture on flickr where if you look carefully you can see some tatting in my hand (I'm seated second from left). I spent a fair part of the weekend tatting and succeeded in getting people interested enough to ask about it - I was quite impressed by how many knew it was Tatting.  I'm hoping that some other photos will turn up outside of facebook so that I can link to them.

Because of the lack of pictures in this post here are some links to some useful videos that I came across today

First from yarnplayer's blog: Tatting video: reverse work, join, chain, and ring. This is a nice clear video showing how to do a chain.

Then via Le blog de Frivole: Marie Smith's Method for split chains

No comments:

Post a Comment