Saturday 12 January 2013

First post of the year


Quick catchup of the year so far at least as far as tatting is concerned.

I've been trying out some vintage patterns - all dating to 1916 or earlier.  This little motif is from 1896 and is tatted using Lizbeth size 20 thread. I think the colour is called Falling Leaves. 


And here is a portion of a medallion from a book from 1916
They are for an exchange so I'm going to hold off on the rest of the pictures until after I've sent them.


"That guy" left it really late to buy his mum a christmas present so last week we put together a Beginning Tatting kit for her.  On thursday evening I had a go at quickly tatting up some small bits to send to her to show her some actual tatting. Since I did 2 of the 3 in a hurry there are rather a lot of mistakes but at least you can see how the number of picots can make the tatting look lacier.





The bottom motif is supposed to be Mary Konior's posy. I made the join between 2nd and 3rd sets in the wrong place and then did a rather clumsy finish.
The top right one is supposed to be a Mary Konior bud fragment but went a little wrong near the bottom plus I was running out of thread so I just improvised.  The top half came out ok apart from the stray extra picot at the top left.
The round motif at the top I can't find the pattern for at the moment - I just copied a motif I already did a couple of months ago.

Finally I've decided to join this year's Tat It And See or TIAS at http://tatitandsee.blogspot.co.uk/
This is my go at Day 1.


As you can see I rather like the brown/cream variegated thread.


No comments:

Post a Comment