Thursday 21 February 2013

Working on trimmings

At the moment I'm working on trimming for a mob cap.

I've put aside the Curds and Whey trimming that I mentioned in my last post - I decided it was going to be too bulky for the mob cap so I started a new piece using Anchor Artiste size 40 instead.

Then I decided that was maybe going to take too long to tat so I've switched to a pattern that Mary Konior called "Scarlett" and describes as a Victorian favourite.  In this picture the longer piece of tatting is the Scarlett and the shorter piece is the Curds and Whey.



I've left the bobbin of thread attached to the piece of Curds and Whey so that I can carry on with it later and use it for something else. I'm keeping it inside the pouch in the photo so that it doesn't unwind and get tangled.

The pouch and the tatting bag in the picture are a gift from Laurie E as part of a Mayan-themed exchange recently held on InTatters.

No comments:

Post a Comment