Saturday 15 December 2012

This week's tatting

This week I've mostly been playing with Kira's Star. The accidental diamond one has now been joined by a few more...


I also got my first copy of a Mary Konior book this week so the little purple one is "Seahorse" from "Tatting Patterns" by Mary Konior.  All the others are Kira's Star or based on it.  Top left is the full Kira's Star but the tension in the outer round is a bit iffy.  It's also the only one where I started the inner round on a chain instead of finishing on a chain.

The grey thread which is metallic in normal light didn't want to become a 6-pointed star so I stopped at 5 points. Even then its still not quite lying flat.  It's an Anchor pearl cotton so not as easy to tat with and definitely not as easy to undo mistakes. I bought it before I found out what sort of cotton is best for tatting with.  The others are all Puppets Eldorado thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment